A tree-covered riverwalk with quaint stone bridges. An eleven-day pageant with confetti and hen on a stick. Remembering the Alamo. In the case of having a very good time steeped in historical past, there are such a lot of scenic and interesting issues to do in San Antonio, Texas.
You may wander round in certainly one of their many museums, take a riverboat down a fairy-tale-esque river, and stroll the grounds of what was as soon as a Mission turned ugly battlefield. To not point out beautiful gardens, unimaginable meals, and pleasant folks. It’s simple to search out your self falling in love with San Antonio in your first go to!
Visiting Texas for the primary time I puzzled what it might be like. A desert wasteland? No, in no way, fortunately! Would everybody be in ten-galloon hats and cowboy boots? Effectively, not everybody, however you’ll positively see some Texan trend! And would the vibes be off since Texas has some really terrible politics? I’m glad to say no – town is various and welcoming.
Fortunately our Editor-in-Chief Richie Goff spent 5 days right here to let you know all about the perfect issues to do in San Antonio, Texas. So let’s get into it!
Psst: Planning a go to to Texas or the West? Take a look at a few of our different posts that will help you plan your journey!
The Finest Time to Go to San Antonio, Texas
The most effective time to San Antonio, Texas is earlier than it will get too sizzling or too chilly (all you want is a lightweight jacket), typically in March/April or October/November. The temperatures throughout this time vary from the mid-60s to the 80s, and after I went in April it obtained a bit sizzling at noon however not stifling.
I additionally visited San Antonio throughout their Fiesta pageant which occurs each April, and fell in love with the power town exudes throughout this time. Folks come out to occasion, very like we do right here in Louisville throughout the Kentucky Derby Competition or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and there was a lot to do and see throughout this time.
I extremely suggest visiting throughout April throughout the 11-long-day pageant (extra on this beneath), and should you’re into enjoyable and many occasions to attend, this actually is the perfect time to discover town!
The best way to Get to San Antonio, Texas
Texas is a big state, and the simplest option to get right here is to fly. Many airways don’t fly immediately into San Antonio however join by means of Dallas, which is about an hour’s flight away. The San Antonio airport itself (SAT) is sufficiently small to get by means of shortly and is simply quarter-hour away from the middle of town.
The best way to get round San Antonio, Texas
There are a few methods to get round San Antonio simply. These are:
- Strolling: I stayed downtown proper throughout the road from the Alamo throughout my keep and was capable of stroll to loads of the cultural highlights of town, together with the Alamo (after all), the River Stroll, the Previous Market Sq., just a few of the museums, some nice eating places, and many of the Fiesta occasions.
- Journey Shares or Rental Vehicles: To succeed in my different locations I used rideshares, however this may add up shortly. For those who’re going to remain for quite a lot of days renting a automobile could also be the best choice, however not completely essential.
- The Bus: San Antonio has a bus system known as the VIA Metropolitan Transit that runs a number of traces for an affordable value.
Issues to do in San Antonio, Texas
There are such a lot of issues to do in San Antonio, Texas, the place does one start? Effectively to get the heartbeat of town, and the historical past that constructed it, there’s one cease that can put into perspective the tradition, and complex historical past of town and the state of Texas. Lest we overlook, let’s begin with studying in regards to the historical past of the Alamo!
Be taught Your Texan Historical past on the Alamo
Even should you aren’t the most important historical past buff, the Alamo is an efficient place to begin your time in San Antonio as a result of it places town, and the state of Texas, into historic perspective.
The Alamo is situated smack dab in the midst of downtown San Antonio, and it appears like the middle of the wheel which the remainder of town followers out from. Subsequent to it’s a mall and a number of other resorts, however strolling across the Alamo grounds appears like being in a unique world.
When most individuals consider the Alamo they solely consider the long-lasting Alamo church, which after all may be very lovely and evocative, however the surrounding grounds are simply as a lot of the unique Alamo, despite the fact that many of the partitions and buildings are lacking right this moment.
The San Antonio space was initially occupied by the Tāp Pīlam Coahuiltecan Nation of Indigenous Peoples till their inhabitants was enormously diminished by the arrival of Spanish Franciscan Missionaries who established San Antonio de Valero Mission in 1718.
In 1793, the Spanish Crown issued an order for the missions in Texas (which was nonetheless a part of Mexico at this level) to be secularized, so in 1803, a Spanish cavalry unit known as La Segunda Compañía Volante de San Carlos de Parras transformed the outdated mission into navy barracks which grew to become “the Alamo”.
In 1821 Mexico gained its independence from Spain, then Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna in 1833 abolished the Structure of 1824, altering his political beliefs from federalism to centralism, inflicting Mexico to fall right into a civil conflict and Texas to hunt its personal independence.
On October 2, 1835, the Texas Revolution started within the city of Gonzales, when the Mexican Military refused handy again a canon to the Texans who lent them it. Finally, the Texans fired a shot on the Mexican Military, resulting in the beginning of the Texas Revolution.
The Texans hunkered down on the Alamo, as Common Santa Anna’s Military marched towards Texas. On March 2, 1836, Texas declared its independence from Mexico. The Battle of the Alamo came about on March 6, 1836, and was actually a really small second on this complete political turmoil – the battle lasted solely 90 minutes, and Santa Anna’s Military worn out all 200 defenders.
Immediately the Alamo stands for bravery, revolution, and resilience, although it has a extra difficult aspect, in that a part of the political unrest of the Texans was they wished to battle Mexico to preserve their proper to personal slaves. Like virtually all of US historical past, there’s a unusual line between honoring the difficult previous and utilizing it to information us to a greater future.
Visiting the Alamo church is free with a timed ticket, and you may as well take a guided tour or personal tour (Ernesto was an incredible information!). Additionally they simply opened the model new Ralston Household Collections Heart, which options an enormous assortment of things associated to the Alamo (many donated by singer Phil Collins) together with Santa Anna’s area sword, a rifle owned by Davy Crockett, and a Violin created from the Alamo church wooden.
The Alamo is at present going by means of some growth efforts, constructing out components of the unique Alamo so guests can see what your entire advanced would have appeared like earlier than Santa Anna’s military destroyed most of it. Take a look at Mission San Jose if you wish to discover a mission that has been higher preserved (i.e. not destroyed), which is San Antonio’s Nation Park, and you’ll even hit up loads of the missions on a personal tour!
Social gathering Throughout Fiesta®
Fiesta® San Antonio is a long-standing occasion, initially began in 1891 a one-parade occasion to honor those that died on the Alamo and Battle of San Jacinto, the ultimate battle of the Texas Revolution. Immediately the occasion lives on within the month of April, however somewhat than being a single parade, it has advanced into an 11-day-celebration that honors all issues San Antonio, together with its various residents, with parades (a number of ones!), music, patriotic observances, Fiesta Royalty with rhinestone attire, and many good meals and drinks!
Although the unique pageant might have had extra of the strictly Patriotic historical past related to it, Fiesta right this moment brings town collectively all for a very good trigger – The Fiesta® San Antonio Fee Inc. is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting group and the funds raised present providers to San Antonio residents all year long. It actually is a celebration with a goal!
You’ll see folks carrying flower crowns (halos), smashing confetti eggs on one another’s heads (Cascarones), and carrying colourful badges on their garments (medals) which you should purchase or it’s possible you’ll be given by enterprise or party-goers. For Fiesta you costume up – we’re speaking a complete shade explosion, and also you’ll see lots of people in Latin-inspired embroidered tops and big gaudy hats, very like the Kentucky Derby!
Now that you realize a *little* about what Fiesta® San Antonio is, listed below are among the occasions you’ll be able to’t miss:
- A Evening in Previous San Antonio (NIOSA) – A Evening in Previous San Antonio or NIOSA (as you’ll extra generally see it written or heard it stated as), is a four-day lengthy occasion that celebrates the tradition of San Antonio’s residents. It feels rather a lot like Disney World in a means – there are a lot of completely different “lands” full of meals and drinks from that tradition which takes place within the downtown historic arts village of La Villita. You will get escargot from France, hen on a stick from New Orleans, pretzels from Germany, elote from Mexico, and a lot extra. Dwell music fills the air, everyone seems to be consuming and having enjoyable, and you’ll discover the world in a single evening!
- Battle of the Flowers Parade – This 2.5-hour+ parade is the end result of the Fiesta® actions, and within the days main as much as it, you’ll see folks establishing bleachers everywhere in the metropolis for the 45,000 seats which are offered. The Battle of the Flowers® Affiliation is the one all-women, all-volunteer group producing occasions of its variety and you’ll count on to see navy shows, cultural floats, and the Fiesta® Royalty, together with its duchesses in lengthy, ostentatious beaded attire. You’ll hear spectators yelling for the ladies to “present us your footwear!”, and so they’ll present what they’re carrying beneath their attire to the viewers – often rhinestone cowboy boots!
- Cornyation – Cornyation (a spoof on “coronation”) began within the Nineteen Fifties as a option to make enjoyable of the wealthy, Anglo residents of the Fiesta® Royal Court docket and the Coronation of the Queen of the Order of the Alamo, the place yearly 24 girls of eligible marriage age stroll throughout the Coronation stage and up a set of stairs, ready for the crowning of their Princess and Queen. The primary Cornyation in 1951 mocked the Coronation theme of 1950, the “Court docket of Islands,” by crowning as a substitute an “Empress of the Cracked Salad Bowl” on the river of the thousand islands, the place all of the Cornyation duchesses dressed up as lettuce and different greens. Immediately Cornyation retains with the custom of panning the elite – you’ll see drag queens impersonating CoUNTry queens, skits making enjoyable of native and nationwide politics, and a complete lot of campy and homosexual musical numbers. It’s chaotic, irreverent, and humorous. I like to recommend this glorious ebook – Cornyation: San Antonio’s Outrageous Fiesta Custom – to be taught extra about this tremendous enjoyable custom.
- Fiesta de los Reyes – Situated within the Historic Market Sq., which has been used as a gathering level for meals and the native “chili queens” since 1730, yow will discover your self amongst 100+ native distributors throughout an enormous road occasion. The Fiesta itself is the biggest free occasion in San Antonio, and you’ll stroll down the road with a margarita whereas noshing on a hen on a stick. Dwell music permeates the air and it’s great folks watching amongst the historic structure! The Historic Market Sq. can be vigorous on any weekend it’s possible you’ll be on the town.
Stroll Alongside the River Stroll and Take a River Cruise
One of the vital charming locations in San Antonio is the River Stroll, which weaves between buildings and beneath stone bridges, with eating places and colourful fiesta banners lining the route. For those who’ve ever been to EPCOT it’s a bit just like the Gran Fiesta Tour within the Mexico pavilion – however in actual life!
The River Stroll is definitely accessible from most locations downtown, and also you’ll see indicators pointing down stairs throughout to get to the River Stroll. As you stroll down the principally pure river, it’s possible you’ll discover the Arnerson River Theatre, which you’ll know because the place the place Miss Rhode Island offers her well-known “excellent date” reply in Miss Congeniality (April twenty fifth).
The most effective methods to actually see the place this little river winds is by taking a Go Rio River Cruise, which is a 35-minute narrated boat tour in a colourful and comfy small barge boat. You’ll study issues like how 300 folks fall within the river per yr, most of whom are drunk or by accident fall in when it’s crowded throughout parades across the river.
In your journey, you’ll wind previous iconic spots, just like the Previous Mill Crossing Mural the place Teddy Roosevelt led his Tough Riders, and Selena’s Bridge, the place Tejano celebrity Selena Quintanilla Pérez’s husband proposed to her within the film (as performed by J-Lo, after all). You’ll additionally be taught in regards to the historic structure and see some big fashionable sculptures which loom over the river.
Seeing these scenic bridges and folks sipping on margaritas at little eating places on the shore, like at Casa Rio, the primary restaurant to be constructed alongside the river, it’s simple to see why the River Stroll is so magical!
Cease to Odor the Roses at a Backyard
Since San Antonio is in a temperate local weather (i.e. sizzling), it’s simple for lots of tropical vegetation to develop right here. My preliminary thought was that San Antonio was going to be extra like a desert somewhat than the surprisingly lush place that it really is, although I used to be advised that by the top of summer time the vegetation are fairly baked.
Fortunately, there are two nice locations to absorb each the native flora of Texas, but in addition some wonderful tropical vegetation you’ll be able to solely see in a cultivated surroundings.
San Antonio Botanical Backyard
The San Antonio Botanical Backyard is a 38-acre city oasis of vegetation, flowers, and loads of birds, bees, and butterflies fluttering about. Right here you’ll be able to stroll by means of culinary gardens, previous huge plantings of native perennials feeding the native fauna, and thru big sculptural greenhouses, full of an unimaginable assortment of orchids, ferns, palms, and different unique vegetation.
Significantly, as soon as the water misters come on within the greenhouses and also you’re strolling by means of lush inexperienced and a plethora of rainbow orchids, you’ll really feel such as you’re in a prehistoric film – sans the dinosaurs. You additionally can’t miss wandering by means of the Japanese gardens, the Texas native trails full with little log cabins, and the formal backyard, full of roses and eye-popping snapdragons.
When you’re executed along with your afternoon stroll, dine on the adjoining Jardin Restaurant. Cool off with a refreshing frozen peach bellini, and their grilled cheese with candy tomato jam is to die for. For those who’re within the temper for one thing heavier, attempt their house-made pasta, just like the decadent pan-seared potato gnocchi. Being proper subsequent to a backyard, you realize every little thing is as contemporary as it will probably get!
Japanese Tea Backyard
The Japanese Tea Backyard was as soon as a limestone quarry and cement manufacturing facility on the flip of the century, however in 1916 Park Commissioner Ray Lambert appeared out over the rocky void and thought, “ what, this might make an epic Japanese backyard.” So it grew to become what it’s now – a jaw-dropping, lush year-round backyard with an abundance of flowers, shaded walkways, stone bridges over Koi ponds, and a dramatic 60-foot waterfall.
As you climb the steps and look over the huge backyard beneath, water pouring from the waterfall above, you’ll perceive why folks flock right here to take images and normal wander round such a zen place.
The backyard is free and open to the general public 7am to 5pm day by day, and arriving early is best somewhat than later since even in spring and fall San Antonio afternoons can get sizzling and steamy. For those who get hungry for a snack, you’ll be able to seize some meals from the adjoining Jingu Home which has spring rolls, boba tea, dumplings, and extra!
The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral
By day, the San Fernando Cathedral is a beautiful Catholic cathedral established in 1731, however by evening it turns into The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral, a colourful gentle present that tells the story of San Antonio by means of music and dazzling pictures.
Throughout this 24-minute journey by worldwide artist Xavier de Richemont, you’ll see over 7000 sq. toes of sunshine, shade, and visible narration overtop the beautiful structure of the cathedral.
The Saga tells the story with continuously shifting, considerably trippy visuals, portray the story with music from the Native People who known as this area dwelling, to the arrival and colonization of the Spanish, to the battle on the Alamo, to San Antonio right this moment.
The present is free and takes place each Tuesday by means of Sunday at 9pm and 9:30pm.
Stuff Your Face
San Antonio has no scarcity of scrumptious eats, I imply, who doesn’t like some glorious Tex-Mex meals? In addition to all of the flavors of town’s Mexican affect, San Antonio is the culinary capital of Texas and is likely one of the two U.S. cities (the opposite being Tuscon) designated a UNESCO Inventive Metropolis of Gastronomy, and possibly the explanation I placed on a lot weight in 5 days.
Since San Antonio can be dwelling to a Culinary Institute of America campus, that the majority definitely helps them produce some high cooks and a few really distinctive eating experiences. A few of my favourite eating places in San Antonio I’ve tried are:
- Botika – Botika is situated within the Pearl, and its menu comprises “a melting pot of South American and South East Asian flavors” which is precisely what you’ll be able to look forward to finding right here. To start out, get the steam buns which embrace crispy pork stomach, caramelized onion hoisin sauce, pickled crimson cabbage, cucumbers, and mint. In your most important, get the simple star Lomo Saltado, a savory and decadent dish with Wok stir-fried shoulder tender steak, siyao, wedge fries, candy plantain, pickled aji, and salsa criolla. I might eat this each time I come right here!
- Finest High quality Daughter – Additionally situated within the Pearl in a 1906 home with 4 otherwise adorned rooms, Finest High quality Daughter is a New Asian-American Restaurant with some severe type. As soon as you compromise into this creative and comfortable restaurant, order a Tremendous Bien cocktail with Mezcal, Watermelon-Ginger Cordial, and lemon juice that’s smoky and candy. For a starter, get the Mochi Cheddar Hush Puppies that are tacky and chewy and include Thai chili jam (I dream of those), and for a family-style most important get the Cashew Rooster, which is tremendous flavorful and crispy and nothing like take-out!
- La Gloria – Situated within the Pearl as nicely (see a theme?), La Gloria “celebrates the wealthy and scrumptious road meals from inside Mexico” by offering lotssss of excellent Mexican eats. As you sit outdoors among the many shade and colourful decorations overlooking the scenic river stroll (the perfect view on the town?), get certainly one of their margaritas which have been voted finest in San Antonio and an order of the Tradicional Queso Fundido and chips. For a bit extra sustenance than tequila and cheese, you’ll be able to’t go unsuitable with their Tacos Al Pastor.
- Dough Pizzeria Napoletana – Dough is the place to go for high quality Neapolitan pizza, the place their wood-burning ovens that bake the pizzas to perfection in 90 seconds at over 900 levels. Dough options an intensive wine choice, or get a flight of crimson or white wine to find your new favourite wine (I certain did, the San Salvatore Ceraso Aglianico Paestum). To start out attempt their Signature Burrata Al Tartufo© (so good it’s copywritten) with house-made burrata full of truffle essence, mascarpone, and ricotta and paired farm contemporary tomatoes, rosemary balsamic discount, further virgin olive oil, and house-made flatbread. In your pizza course, get the Fontina E Salsiccia with house-made sausage, fontina cheese, caramelized candy onions, oak roasted mushrooms, thyme, Locatelli pecorino romano, and rosemary balsamic discount. Buon Appetito!
- La Panadería – La Panadería is a quick-service bakery and cafe with a number of places round city (together with downtown), which is nice to get a meal on the go! They specialise in handmade bread and pan dulce impressed by Mexico’s Golden Period, which attracts affect from French, Italian and American breadmaking strategies, together with a 48-hour fermentation course of. Get a puff pastry like a frosting-dipped Oreja, or a standard Mexican candy bread like a Concha. You can even get sandwiches on their contemporary baked items just like the El Favorito served on a spherical croissant with ham, swiss cheese, and two sunny aspect up eggs.
Discover the Historic Pearl
The Historic Pearl in San Antonio is a literal gem of scrumptious eateries, native boutique outlets, and loads of laid-back but stylish ambiance paired with beautiful structure. This space has been bringing folks collectively since 1883 when native businessmen and moguls opened a brewery right here. Quickly after a brewmaster made his “Pearl” beer, whose title got here from the foamy bubbles within the freshly poured glass which resembled glowing pearls.
It wasn’t till the 2010s that this space grew to become developed into the Pearl we see right this moment, with residences, resorts, outlets, eating places, an enormous garden, the Culinary Institute of America, and a contemporary brewery. It’s an ideal place to spend a sunny afternoon, have a drink and a chew to eat, and store!
A number of the finest locations to take a look at are:
- Feliz Trendy – This tremendous colourful store makes a speciality of curating gadgets made by unbiased artists & makers, and is like stepping right into a residing portray. Yow will discover tremendous enjoyable playing cards, zany earrings and jewellery, Taylor Swift items, and many different enjoyable issues which have a Texan vibe. I discovered so many issues I wished for myself and loads of issues to present as items!
- The Twig E-book Store – This intimate bookstore is jam-packed with wonderful reads, with loads of books highlighting the historical past of San Antonio! That is the place I picked up my ebook on Cornyation and loads of wonderful souvenirs. You by no means know while you’ll want a ebook… in my case, one other one!
- The Meals Corridor at Bottling Division – The Meals Corridor has 4 fast service meals choices you’ll be able to decide as much as eat inside or within the park proper outdoors the doorways. You may get pleasure from Mexican road meals from Chilaquil, pizza from Wonderslice, or Caribbean meals at Mi Roti, which has yummy curry hen and roti, a buttery flatbread. You can even seize a drink to go on the Park Bar, like a frozen boozy lemonade excellent for a sizzling day!
- Southerleigh Nice Meals & Brewery – Southerleigh touts itself as “Texas Cross-cultural Delicacies and Craft Brewery” with a seasonally rotating menu. The craft brewery is a throwback to the Pearl’s unique brewery which began all of it, and you’ll even get a “Pearl on the Patio” beer which pays homage to the unique beer. Pair this with Southerleighs Well-known Fried Rooster and you’ve got a meal! There’s additionally a drink cart outdoors, the place you seize a drink like a powerful Sangria to get pleasure from your stroll across the Peal.
Take a look at one of many Many Museums
Typically one of the simplest ways to search out the guts and soul of a metropolis is to go to a museum (or 5)! San Antonio is a many-faceted metropolis, from the Alamo to its Indigenous Inhabitants to modern artwork, so testing a specialty museum is a good way to see all of the nuances and many various cultural lenses.
Listed here are among the finest museums to go to:
- The Briscoe Western Artwork Museum – The Briscoe Westen Artwork Museum is the place to assist put the story of the American West into perspective, from the Native People who name/known as Texas dwelling to the European settlers. Within the three-level museum, you’ll be able to discover artifacts corresponding to settler’s stagecoaches, saddles, spurs and lined wagons, in addition to Native American drawings, sketches, work, and sculptures.
- The McNay – What’s now the McNay Museum was as soon as the house of a girl named Marion Koogler McNay, an Ohio-born heiress who bought her first fashionable oil portray, Diego Rivera’s Delfina Flores, and commissioned the 24-room Spanish Colonial-Revival home, which grew to become the primary fashionable artwork museum in Texas. Strolling the grounds is like being in a elaborate Twenties movie, with fountains and formal gardens, with every room highlighting fashionable artwork from vases to life-size sculptures, to colourful pop artwork.
- Hopscotch – Hopscotch San Antonion is an immersive artwork expertise, the place you don’t simply take a look at artwork, however turn into a part of the artwork your self! There are displays like huge, room-size murals, telephones the place you’ll be able to take heed to recordings of tourists’ secrets and techniques (and you’ll go away your individual!), a digital graffiti wall, a corridor of neon lights, and extra all in a darkish and magical surroundings. There’s additionally a bar earlier than you enter, so you’ll be able to seize a zodiac-themed drink earlier than you “go down the rabbit gap”! You may seize your ticket upfront as nicely!
- San Antonio Museum of Artwork – The San Antonio Museum of Artwork has a balanced assortment of gorgeous artistic endeavors from all over the world, together with a formidable assortment of historic Greek statues and vases, in addition to a good-sized assortment of Egyptian artifacts. One of the vital fascinating and beautiful displays is the Latin American In style Artwork gallery, the place colourful sculptures, masks, and miniatures exploring the themes of life and loss of life in Latin tradition take heart stage.
Get Scared on a Ghost Tour
San Antonio is a really outdated metropolis, and particularly the place wars have been fought, there’s a tense power that by no means appears to depart the place. As our information Robert identified from RJA Ghost Excursions, the Alamo is mainly only a big graveyard.
Even should you aren’t a powerful believer in ghosts, taking a ghost tour offers you the prospect to see town at evening, study who lived, labored and died in San Antonio, and offers you a style of historical past you would possibly in any other case miss.
A variety of the buildings downtown are historic, together with many resorts just like the Menger, which is presupposed to have 45 ghosts in there alone. Apparently, Teddy Rosevelt is a visitor who by no means actually left the Menger Bar, the place he famously chosen his Tough Riders again in 1898.
You might also see the ghostly apparition of a maid from the 1870s on the Menger, Sallie White, nonetheless making beds after her husband killed her in a jealous rage outdoors the resort one evening.
Even the Alamo has had its share of ghost encounters – when Santa Anna ordered his males to tear down the remainder of the Alamo after the battle, the lads noticed six ghosts or “diablos” come out to defend the Alamo as soon as extra. That’s fairly disturbing!
To be taught all in regards to the ghosts of San Antonio, and extra in regards to the metropolis’s wealthy and unusual historical past, take a look at RJA Ghost Excursions. They’re enjoyable, a bit hokey, and positively spooky – particularly should you discover out you’re staying in a haunted resort!
The place to Keep in San Antonio
Once you’re coming to San Antonio, it’s finest to remain for a number of days and discover all town has to supply! The most effective space is undoubtedly by the Alamo downtown, this fashion you’ll be able to stroll to many of the central points of interest and it makes for a scenic and simple time.
A number of the finest choices on this space are:
- Resort Gibbs – Situated catty-corner to the Alamo, this resort is clear and fashionable and tremendous snug, and comes with a complimentary buffet breakfast. The most effective a part of all? You may actually have a room that overlooks the Alamo (I did!) and it’s a good way to begin and finish your day. I at all times felt tremendous near the motion (I had a seat for the Battle of the Flowers parade proper by the resort) and the River Stroll is just a few minutes away.
- Sonder The Atlee – If a trip rental is extra your factor, this spacious and tremendous brilliant condominium is the proper place to name dwelling base. It’s simply two blocks away from the Alamo and has two bedrooms, excellent should you’re touring with pals or household.
- Resort Contessa – If you wish to keep proper on the River Stroll (which is totally comprehensible), this charming and colourful resort has beautiful suites and a pool with a sizzling tub for these sizzling Texan afternoons. You may come out and stroll alongside the River Stroll at any time after all, too!
Concerning the Writer: Richie Goff is a Louisville, Kentucky native with an ideal love of the outside. When he’s not rising flowers for enjoyable, he’s the Editor-in-Chief of Sensible Wanderlust and Let’s Go Louisville. He has been a buddy of Lia’s since highschool, and so they have taken loads of their very own disaster-prone adventures collectively!
Are you excited to go to San Antonio but? Which of these items in San Antonio are you dying to do (in all probability go to Fiesta, proper?)? Drop your feedback and questions on visiting San Antonio within the feedback beneath!
Psst: Planning a go to to Texas or the West? Take a look at a few of our different posts that will help you plan your journey!
Did you discover this put up inspiring? Put it aside for afterward Pinterest!
Disclaimer: This put up was created in partnership with Go to San Antonio. All opinions and tremendous corny jokes are 100% my personal and completely not their fault.