We are hiring
Interested Candidates are invited for the following vacant position within Hotel des Mille Collines in Kitchen Department:
Scope of the job- Pastry Chef
The Pastry Chef will report directly to the Executive Chef with the purpose of driving and monitoring the Pastry quality, plan and organization. He will lead the pastry employee’s work and will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of cakes, pastries, desserts, petits fours, rolls, cookies, pies, breads and other baked items meeting customer expectations.
The Pastry Chef will also watch over related allied job functions such as:
- Create new pastry and dessert menus for all restaurant outlets and banquets, conduct tastings and presentions with photos and costing
- Establish Culinary standards specific for Pastry / Bakery which meet the need of Customer.
- Supervise the Pastry Kitchen Staff in the preparation and presention of all food items in accordance with the Hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardised menu guidelines.
- Develop and maintain up dated operations manuals for all food production and make recipes and maintain up dated and accurate costing of all Pastry dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
Qualifications and key competence
- Bakery & Pastry, Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent
- Must show signs of career development HACCP Certification
- Knowledge of food safety regulations
- A minimum 6 years’ experience in Kitchen / Pastry and preferably in 5* & 4* Hotels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – French, English and Kinyarwanda, ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with Hotel Staff and Clients, excellent organizational and time management skills, flexibly, trustworthy and ability to operate computer.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive rational solutions, creative and passion for Bakery & Pastry.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV and cover letter) before the 10th November 2022