About the job
Site Procurement Manager* You are responsible for expert procurement assistance based on company and site objectives, as well as implementing procurement strategies in close conjunction with global buying, beyond category boundaries.
Your Main Responsibilities Are
Close collaboration between global Procurement and you to coordinate on Rwanda’s overall procurement plan
Initial supplier visits (for example, in collaboration with the Quality department) to assess local supplier capabilities
Identification of new local suppliers for onboarding
Building relationships with local suppliers to enable long-term commercial collaborations
Identify additional procurement requirements (e.g., MRO) for local sites.
Link for global or regional buying implementation projects, and hence functional purchasing point of contact at the Marburg location
Manages and oversees strategic local suppliers; implements a supplier relationship management system in accordance with the category strategy.
Leads and contributes to the site’s operational goods procurement.
Prepares and performs service procurement activities such as requirement definition, contract negotiations, quotation analysis and review, and contract management.
External risk management that is proactive
supply, including rating factor implementation; management and demonstrable reduction of procurement hazards
Market and industrial sector developments are monitored, analyzed, leveraged, and communicated via strategic procurement.
Establishes, nurtures, and evaluates supplier relationships
In collaboration with strategic procurement, demand drivers, and the quality department, continuously enhances the supplier management system.
Monitors and assesses the performance of multiple suppliers based on key performance parameters.
Contract and risk management for site-specific contracts in collaboration with local and corporate departments
Analyzes expenses, assists with budget planning, and supports and/or prioritizes process improvement and cost-cutting programs.
Reports outcomes to key stakeholders and creates and improves performance evaluation tools on an ongoing basis.
Monitors, supports, and verifies the correctness of procurement master data.
Contributes to the implementation and standardization of processes
develops, supervises, and puts into action
standard operating procedures for the job duties allocated
Assist with internal control processes
What you have to offer.
- Successfully completed academic Business Administration degree or academic Business Engineering degree, or completed commercial vocational procurement training with corresponding professional experience.
- At least 5 years of sector-specific experience
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Professional experience in procurement, supplier management, contract management functions
- Relevant practical experience collaborating with external suppliers and basic project management knowledge and experience
- Process management knowledge and experience
- Pronounced communication skills and negotiation aptitude
- Relevant hands-on experience collaborating with external suppliers and basic project management knowledge and experience
Apply now and simply send us your application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter as well as your contact details by using our online form.
APPLY BY CLICK HERE