Assistant Lecturer in Forestry Engineering
Jan 3, 2023
• Teach as a member of a teaching team at diploma and advanced diploma level and tailor-made short Courses,
• Design, preparation, and development of Module teaching materials.
• Delivery of Modules through lectures, seminars, tutorials, and other supervisory and coaching methods.
• Act as an adviser to student organizations
• Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
• Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
• Conduct lecture planning, preparation, and research.
• Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in books, professional journals, and/or electronic media.
• Conduct training of trainers.
• Contribute to the development, planning, and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
• Contribute to TVET research and publications.
• Engage in professional and personal development.
• Evaluate and grade students’ classwork, assignments, and papers.
• Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
• Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- Master’s Degree in Forestry3 Years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree In Forestry Engineering3 Years of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage
- Skills in Postharvest handling and storage technologies
- Skills in Conduct forest road surveying and design,
- Skills in Forest road systems management,
- Skills in Forest economics,
- Skills in Manage forest road system,
- Skills in Forestry industries dealing with tree seed production, tree species identification, silviculture practices, forest protection, forest economics, and forest landscape development and management; and forest harvesting operations, and agroforestry practices,
- Skills in Harvesting operations ,
- Skills in Forest economics and management
- Forest resources management and forest inventory
- Extensive knowledge in forest and nature resource
- Forest harvesting operations
- Forest road design, maintenance