We are hiring
Interested Candidates are invited for the following position which is vacant within Hotel des Mille Collines, Front Office Department:
Assistant Front Office Manager (AFOM)
The Assistant Front Office Manager will report directly to the Front Office Manager with the purpose of leading and managing all sections of Front Office Department in order to ensure the highest standards in service delivery and in accordance with the Hotel des Mille Collines policies and procedures.
The Assistant Front Office Manager Job responsibilities are the extension of the Front Office Manager’s responsibilities to ensure continuity and preservation of standards including the following functions:
- Direct daily front office operations such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures,standards and focus on guest’s satisfaction and needs.
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedules and manage the performance of direct subordinates to ensure the efficient running of front office operations.
- Maximize Hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, upselling.
Qualifications and key competence
- Strong computer skills, very good knowledge of Microsoft Office application, excellent Opera knowledge,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Management
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in Front Office, preferably in 5 & 4* Hotel
- Excellent written and verbal communications – English, French and Kinyarwanda additional language is beneficial
- Team working skills, administrative and organizational skills, flexibly, confident, trustworthy and ability to work professionally, stress management, customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstance and come up with proactive rational and professional solutions
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Available to work shifts over weekends
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and ethical approach at all times.
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV and cover letter) before the 10th November 2022