This healthful Greek yogurt fruit tart comes along with a easy 3-ingredient crust, protein-packed Greek yogurt, and all of your favourite seasonal recent fruits. Naturally gluten free, this no-bake recipe comes collectively in minutes and is ideal for breakfast, brunch, or as a wholesome dessert.
Easy and flippantly candy, this Greek yogurt fruit tart is one in every of my favourite dishes to carry to any spring or summer time gathering when seasonal recent fruits are aplenty. With only a few elements, it’s hardly even a recipe… however I knew this refreshing magnificence deserved a everlasting residence on my web site. I do know you’ll admire having this no-bake recipe in your apron pocket, too!
I initially printed this recipe in 2015, and make it typically once I desire a mild and wholesome dessert. Sorry, chocolate cake.
Like a fair simpler model of fruit pizza, in the present day’s Greek yogurt fruit tart is healthful and delightfully recent. Probably the most tough half is slicing up the fruit, however in case you use blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries, you skip that fully.
Actually, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
I like together with this dessert on brunch menus as a result of it’s a gluten free and egg free possibility. It’s additionally improbable for bridal showers, child showers, particular household gatherings, or alongside different Mom’s Day recipes or Father’s Day recipes. However you don’t want an important day… take pleasure in a slice for breakfast or as a lighter dessert on a heat summer time night.
A real *anytime* deal with you can additionally be ok with!
3 Elements to This Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
They are saying that good issues are available in 3s, and the beautiful layers on this Greek yogurt fruit tart aren’t any exception.
- Date Nut Crust: Makes this a naturally gluten free recipe.
- Creamy Greek Yogurt: Use your favourite taste.
- Assorted Fruit: Fairly AND tasty.
Straightforward 3-Ingredient Crust
Sure, you learn that appropriately. Simply 3 straightforward elements—cashews, almonds, and Medjool dates—come collectively for the tart crust.
The recipe used to name for simply cashews and dates, and the crust was definitely tasty, but it surely was very mushy and sticky. I actually just like the addition of almonds as a result of they add somewhat texture. The crust remains to be good and mushy, however isn’t as flimsy. Style testers agreed, so that you’ll see that replace within the recipe under.
Begin by soaking the dates in heat water for about 10 minutes, then chop them in half earlier than processing with the nuts. Why soak the dates first? They’ll mix a lot simpler with the nuts.
Mix cashews, almonds, and the soaked and halved dates in a meals processor or blender, and pulse/mix till a moist “dough” types. Utilizing a spatula or the again of measuring cup, press the crust right into a lined 9-inch tart pan, ensuring to cowl the underside and up the perimeters. For those who don’t have a tart pan, use a 9-inch spherical cake pan or 9-inch pie dish.
Sure. Raisins or dried cranberries are a high quality substitution.
Sure. For a nut-free crust, strive the shortbread crust from this lemon blueberry tart. Lengthen the bake time to 25 minutes. Or strive the pastry crust from this recent fruit tart or the graham cracker crust from this peanut butter cup tart. Observe the baking directions for these crusts. Cool utterly earlier than including the yogurt and fruit.
Use Your Favourite Greek Yogurt
For the Greek yogurt filling, merely unfold your favourite taste into the crust. That’s actually it—no different elements or fillers required. (It’s like this recipe retains getting less complicated as we go on, eh?!) I often use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt because it pairs properly with a wide range of fruits. Strawberry yogurt could be improbable with sliced strawberries on prime. Plain Greek yogurt works for a much less candy possibility.
You want one cup of Greek yogurt to fill your no-bake tart shell. If you buy one of many bigger containers on the retailer, use the leftovers in these entire wheat pancakes or these Greek yogurt lemon bars. Or whip up some peanut butter Greek yogurt frosting to prime your chocolate banana muffins! 🙂
You can definitely strive utilizing a plant-based yogurt as a substitute.
Add Your Fruit Toppings
In terms of the fruit topping, just about something goes. I like utilizing kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Be at liberty to make use of all or any of those toppings, or select your favourite number of recent fruits.
Get artistic with the fruit tart “artwork” on prime, and you should use my fruit pizza as design inspiration. Or in case you’re serving a crowd, depart the tart plain and let company add their very own fruit. Children love to assist with this.
Finicky fruits: I don’t advocate watermelon attributable to its excessive water content material, or frozen fruit due to the juices they launch when thawing. You need to use banana or apple slices, however they brown rapidly. Brush them with somewhat lemon juice and serve the tart immediately.
For an non-obligatory shiny end, you may brush the recent fruit with a combination of apricot preserves and water.
What To Serve With Your Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
You don’t must serve this with anything if it’s for dessert (perhaps some chocolate chips on prime?!). However in case you’re serving this as a part of your brunch or breakfast menu, it rounds out properly with a breakfast casserole or quiche, or a batch of home made biscuits or croissants.
Extra Recent Fruit Recipes
For those who’re like me and search for any alternative to bake with seasonal recent fruits, listed here are a number of extra favorites:
This can be a wholesome no-bake breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free 3-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and loads of recent fruit.
- Spray the underside of a 9-inch tart pan, 9-inch cake pan, or 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper. (I often simply minimize a parchment paper circle barely bigger than the pan.) The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan, and the nonstick spray helps preserve the parchment in place as you press within the crust.
- Soak the dates in heat water for 10 minutes. Drain them, after which chop in half earlier than utilizing.
- Pulse the dates, cashews, and almonds collectively till a thick “dough” is fashioned and the nuts are all damaged up, as pictured above. The dough might be sticky. Press evenly into ready tart pan and partly up the perimeters.
- Unfold the yogurt on prime of the crust. Enhance with recent fruit. Combine collectively the non-obligatory preserves and water topping, and brush over fruit for a shiny end.
- Slice and serve instantly or cowl and refrigerate for as much as 1 day earlier than serving. Cowl and retailer leftover tart within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Make Forward Directions: The crust will be made 1 day upfront. Cowl tightly and preserve within the fridge till able to serve. Proceed with step 4.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 9-Inch Tart Pan, 9-Inch Cake Pan, or 9-Inch Pie Dish | Meals Processor or Chopper | Pastry Brush
- Dates: As an alternative of dates, strive 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts: As an alternative of cashews, you should use walnuts or pistachios. You can additionally use all walnuts, as a substitute of almonds and cashews. I don’t advocate utilizing ALL cashews as a result of it makes for a really sticky, flimsy crust. You need some almonds (or different firmer nut) with the cashews. If desired, use salted nuts for a salty/candy crust.
Key phrases: wholesome greek yogurt fruit tart