These candy & bitter cocktail meatballs are straightforward to make and so scrumptious!
Tender juicy meatballs are simmered in a fast two ingredient sauce for the right candy and bitter cocktail meatball!
These shall be the very first thing gone, and no one will ever imagine what’s in them!
Good Get together Appetizer
- Cocktail meatballs are a celebration recipe! Serve them at each occasion or gathering, and watch them disappear!
- They’re really easy to make with simply three elements!
- Serve these candy and bitter meatballs as an appetizer and even served over rice for a weeknight meal that your loved ones will love!
Components for Candy & Bitter Meatballs
I typically make grape jelly meatballs, however do you know you could principally select any candy ingredient and any tangy ingredient for a terrific cocktail meatball sauce?
Meatballs – You need to use the recipe beneath for do-it-yourself meatballs, or use a bag of frozen totally cooked meatballs for a straightforward appetizer with nearly no prep wanted! It’s also possible to use the identical sauce for cocktail smokies.
Sauce – The simple sauce for these candy and bitter meatballs wants simply two elements: one candy and one tangy.
- Select one candy – apricot preserves, strawberry jam, grape jelly, or cranberry sauce.
- Select one tangy – ketchup, chilli sauce, bbq sauce.
Learn how to Make Cocktail Meatballs
What might be simpler than this three-ingredient recipe?
- Make the meatballs (as per the recipe beneath) or use frozen meatballs.
- Combine the sauce elements collectively and warmth on low in a saucepan.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, convey to a boil, then simmer till thickened.
These work completely within the Crockpot too!
- Simply bake the meatballs as directed (or simply add them frozen if you happen to’re not making do-it-yourself)
- Place the sauce elements within the sluggish cooker.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and let warmth by on excessive for at the least 1-2 hours earlier than serving (a bit longer if utilizing frozen).
As soon as heated by meatballs could be left on low for serving.
- Cocktail meatballs could be made forward and refrigerated or frozen for future use.
- They may hold within the fridge for 3-4 days and can retain their taste within the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Remember to prepare dinner and reheat to a temperature of 165ºF.
Did your loved ones love these Candy and Bitter Meatballs? In that case, go away a ranking and remark beneath!
Candy and Bitter Cocktail Meatballs
Candy and bitter meatballs are a scrumptious appetizer that may be cooked on the range prime or within the sluggish cooker.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
If making do-it-yourself meatballs, mix floor beef, diced onion, bread crumbs, eggs, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide the combination into 1-inch meatballs.
Bake do-it-yourself meatballs for 18-20 minutes or bake frozen meatballs in response to bundle instructions.
In a big saucepan over medium-low warmth, mix apricot preserves and barbecue sauce. Stir till the preserves begin to soften.
Add in meatballs and convey the combination to a boil.
Cut back warmth to low and simmer for 10-Quarter-hour or till the sauce is barely thickened.
- 10 ounces strawberry preserves & ⅔ cup ketchup
- 14 ounces jellied cranberry sauce & 12 ounces chili sauce
If utilizing totally cooked meatballs, they don’t should be baked first. Simmering time could should be elevated barely.
Retailer leftover meatballs within the fridge for 3-4 days. To freeze meatballs, retailer them in an hermetic container and retailer them within the freezer for 2-3 months.
Serving: 1meatball | Energy: 56 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 99mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.