Akazi Kanoze Access (AKA)
AKA is a registered National Non-Government Organization (NGO) operating under the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) certificate No 66/RGB/NGO/2016. AKA’s mission is providing Rwandan youth with employability skills, capital and support to take advantage of economic opportunities.
JOB TITLE: Workforce Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Workforce Development and Training Manager
Supervisor: AKA Team Lead
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
CONTRACT LENGTH: Open ended contract
The Workforce Development Coordinator (WDC) will support the USAID-funded Feed the Future Employment and Entrepreneurship Activity, implemented by a consortium led by RTI International and AKA. The WDC will provide support to the Workforce Development and Training Manager and be responsible for creating and facilitating a private sector‐led system that attracts and develops workers in sufficient number to meet the needs of the current and prospective labor market. This will be accomplished by working with relevant partners to identify and enhance capacity of both individuals and firms to improve employability of workers by providing skills/career training in targeted fields, increasing collaboration and coordination of workforce development efforts, and creating a better data system for measuring supply and demand.
The WDC will be responsible for engaging participants in all aspects of career planning and development through coaching, workshop facilitation, engaging employers, vocational assessments, skill-building, and direct connection to employers. Throughout this job description, “implementing partners” refers to tertiary institutes, technical institutes, employers, farmer associations, and other organizations who provide technical and soft skill training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct an audit of workforce needs in the agri-food systems sector and map existing program offerings against needed skills
- Liaise with tertiary and technical institutes and private sector actors to expand/design program offerings in agri-food systems in line with the mapping findings
- Create/expand job placement platforms and programs to match potential employers with job seekers
- Work in close collaboration with curriculum and development department to organize relevant training for IPs
- Identify and foster effective partnerships and linkages between market actors
- Track employment placement and retention for targeted participants
- Contribute to all program deliverables (e.g., workplans, quarterly reports) and technical meetings, including planning and coordination of all activities.
- Collaborate with technical and M&E team members to capture success stories, project indicator data, lessons learned
- Serve as a technical point of contact (relationship manager) to oversee work of grantees, subcontractors, and consultants related to IR1’s workforce development activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Agri business, Economics, Labor Economics, Business Administration, Project Management, Agriculture, Development Studies, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in workforce development, entrepreneurship and/or job creation and carrying out trainings. Being master trainer is added advantage.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Proven experience in the development of successful partnerships.
- Demonstrated public relations skills and political acumen.
- Understanding of the local and national workforce development ecosystem.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Kinyarwanda, English, French).
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Experience in youth, women, and persons with disabilities (PWDs) engagement.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Ability to work in teams and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively under tight deadlines.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1page Motivation letter, and updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of two professional referees, to include most recent or current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org -cc email@example.com with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is October 3rd 2022 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without any kind of discrimination in regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
AKAZI KANOZE Access (AKA) MANAGEMENT