About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments and analyzing loan repayments. You will report to one of our development managers.
We operate a stack of open-source solutions to power most of our business, including Odoo, Apache Fineract, and Keycloak.
Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React (Native), Docker/Kubernetes, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub / JIRA / Slack / Azure DevOps.
- Design, develop, document, test, and operate customizations on our Odoo platform, focused around product ordering, inventory, payment, and delivery
- Mentor the team on the Odoo platform and ecosystem
- Work as part of a small, collaborative, and agile team of software developers
- Contribute to your department’s improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Extensive experience in the Odoo ecosystem and plugin development – 2+ years recommended
- 3+ years of experience, solid programming skills, autonomy, and a mindset of testing and automation
- High proficiency in Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience working in Agile
- Awareness of cloud technologies including Docker and Kubernetes is welcome
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Benefits & Perks
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
2 November 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
keep updating us