Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity.
Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long-term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our remote-first team with incredible people like you!
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager. The role involves building, fostering, and maintaining leading-edge engineers (back end, front end, mobile app, architects, and DevOps). Scaling tribe/capability team skills and capabilities either technical or interpersonal and maintain team performance based on KPIs and periodically update it
You are going to
- Set career plans for critical tech individual contributors
- Build and maintain distributed teams
- Manage, and grow individuals on the team
- Be an advocate of engineering best practices
- Believe and influence an iterative agile approach to everything we do
- Build quality into the processes and products we own
- Help design, implement, and manage software development processes and tools
- Define software solutions in close collaboration with the Product team
- 8-10 years of total experience in engineering and technology roles working with product development teams,
- delivering and building digital products
- Working with scalable and self-autonomous teams using DevOps CI/CD with a focus on team building/forming
- In Agile software development methodologies, processes, and tools
This role requires one to work Sunday to Thursday and overlap at least 5-6hs with Egypt.
- Flexible working hours
- Andela Coaching Groups
- Growth & development paths
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that.
Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
- Seniority Level
- Information Technology and Services
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
- Information Technology