Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation.
POST TITLE: Programme Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 09/30/2022
DUTY STATION: Kigali, Rwanda
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Open-ended
START DATE: As soon as possible
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: 09/09/2022
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labor movement’s humanitarian solidarity organization. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy. Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organizations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning, and governance.
NPA Rwanda is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Programme Manager.
The Programme Manager is a member of the senior management team and will support the Country Director in overseeing the main duties of the Public Policy Information and Advocacy (PPIMA) program.
The main Duties & Responsibilities of the Position will include the following:
Programme management and implementation
- Spearhead development and implementation of the NPA Rwanda Country Strategy
- Lead the planning and implementation of program activities and set high-quality performance targets ensuring NPA and partner adherence to technical standards, best practices, NPA strategic objectives, and donor guidelines.
- Prepare plans, budgets, and reports in line with NPA standards and donor requirements for approval by NPA Head Office
- Ensure necessary capacity building of partners, oversee and guide the coordination of technical and financial assistance to partner organizations.
- Promote a strong collaborative team culture within the Programme Department.
- Responsible for management of all program staff
- Be the budget holder
Reporting and communication
- The Programme Manager will provide all statutory and technical reporting to the Rwandan authorities and Donors.
- Ensure close monitoring of all NPA Partner activities while taking appropriate action to address capacity development needs where necessary.
|At least five years of relevant experience at the senior level of management in an international NGO or non-profit organizationPrevious experience of and interest in civil society engagementUnderstanding of partnership approach in development workHigh level of strategic and analytical thinking.Knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan contextDemonstrated success in project designing, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reportingProven skills in budgeting, finance development, and risk managementExperience in fundraising, donor relations, and networking.|
|An ability to work independently with limited supervision.Good problem-solving and judgment skills.Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player and leader.Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple demands.Good IT skills.Ability to regularly travel domestically in support of NPA objectives.Excellent communication skills with a high level of proficiency in the English languageStrong managerial and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of staff and achieve results through others|
Interested applicants should submit a 1-page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competencies mentioned above as well as an up-to-date CV with addresses of three professional referees to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Via the “Apply” button below
This is local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.