- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with at least foundation level one of CPA/CIA/CPFA/CPFM1 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with ACCA level one (Applied Knowledge of ACCA)1 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with Stage two of CAT/ API Certificate1 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and auditing standards (Such as IPSAS, IFRS; ISSAs)
- Proficiency in French & Kinyarwanda will be an added advantage;
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Receive, record and file all invoices and requests for payment within agreed timelines
- Implement risk management strategies, by protecting accounting records from unauthorized access and inadvertent loss of information.
- Compile necessary requisitions and supporting documents for all payment orders (OP) to be submitted (through IFMIS) to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning to facilitate funds disbursement processes.
- Prepare annual budget and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF).
- Prepare and monitor the Ministry’s Quarterly and Annual Cash Flow Forecasting and Management
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliation statements for all accounts held in Banks by the Ministry.
- Produce relevant periodically budget execution reports with explanations on variances.
- Prepare periodic analysis comparing budget versus actual expenditures and performs detailed variance analysis with proper supporting documentation.
- Declare and file statutory taxes/deductions on regular basis in consultation to Human Resources.
- Prepare monthly, Quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Put in place proper filing systems.
- Ensure achievement of unqualified audit report (clean audit).
- Any other work related responsibility as assigned by the supervisor