DEADLINE 12th January 2023
Sanlam Assurances Générales Plc is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, self-motivated, and experienced person to fill the position/post of Head of Risk Management.
The person holding this position will be reporting to the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer. As part of the Management team, he/she will help identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems and any management consulting related requests assigned to him/her. He/She will be the key person driving the Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Conduct assessments to define and analyze the risk profile of the business using a risk-based methodology
- Conduct risks management’s audits
- Contribute to the improvement of the risk management controls and systems
- Design practical recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Prepare regular risk management reports to the Board and management
- Help implement solutions and plans
- Evaluate employees’ risk management awareness and train them when necessary
- Supervise risk management liaisons in all departments
- Ensure company’s compliance to the regulatory requirements relating to risk management
- Ensure company’s compliance to the Group’s risk management framework’s requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven experience of at least 6 years in Risk Management in the insurance or reinsurance sector, of which 3 years in managerial position.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations
- Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g., Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Master’s degree in risk management, actuarial science, economic, finance, accounting or a related field
- Professional certification in risk management is advantage.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus).
- Working knowledge in Audit software packages.
- A global mindset
- Able to work under pressure
The application should include the following:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV, including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor or previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Copies of degrees or certificates
- Copy of national ID card/passport.
“Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted.”
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and well detailed CV not later than 12th January 2023 via the apply button below