FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda is currently seeking to recruit an Agronomist for FXBVillage Program.
Job title: Agronomist
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Employment category: Fixed-term 12 months, Subject to renewal
Start date: March, 2023
Location: Nyaruguru District.
The Agronomist is responsible for helping program beneficiaries to implement their activities related to agriculture and make the yield/harvest profitable.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Train beneficiaries to cultivate crops in accordance to specific seasons and climatic realities;
- Equipping beneficiaries with modern farming techniques;
- Helping farmers to increase their harvests in order to be equipped economically;
- Availing Farmer Field schools(FFS/CEP) and conduct experiments to increase soil fertility and develop best methods for increasing crops productivity and quality;
- Conduct regular visits to beneficiaries’ fields in the way of advising them about the increase of the harvest from the start of the growing season to the harvesting one and harvest’s economic use;
- Preparation and distribution of materials needed for a better production in agriculture;
- Working closely with the sector and district levels agronomists in the implementation of the agricultural activities of the project;
- Helping beneficiaries to develop and find the market for their harvests;
- Participate in action planning, budgeting and providing periodic reports on the activities carried out;
- Perform any other duties/ responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Desired skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Rural Development, Crop Production or other related field;
- Two years of experience in the field of agronomy, farmer field schools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French and Kinyarwanda;
- Proficient in MS office(Ms word,Ms Excel,Ms Power point,);
- Management skills and Team working qualities
- Category A driving license is required
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at email@example.com.The applications include motivation letter, CVs, and well completed FXB application form (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-_FXB.pdf ). The applications will be accepted not later than Friday, January 06, 2023 at 5:00P
Done at Ruyenzi on December 23, 2022