CARE International is seeking to recruit an “Awards & Sub-Awards Specialist”.
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International aims to be a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty.
Overview of the Role
Job Purpose Statement
The Awards & Sub Awards Specialist is responsible for working with a specified portfolio of grants and related sub recipients to ensure that CARE and Donor funds are utilized according to the intended purpose; providing thorough and diligent oversight. A critical aspect of this position involves working closely with program staff and senior leaders to ensure accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on awards and sub-awards. Particularly the position works with partners to ensure they meet the accountability requirements of their contracts and generally manage their finances effectively, which involves appropriate partner staff capacity development. This position forms the link between program, administration and finance team. The position holder will also actively supports resource mobilization activities in the country office, providing support during proposal development to develop accurate budgets that contribute their fair share to the Country Office Shared Project Costs (SPC) and provide quality analysis on program implementation financial performance.
Requirements for the Role
- Educational Qualifications (required)
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting /finance management.
- Experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience in award management, sub award management, budget monitoring and proposal budgeting with at least 5 in the development sector
- Educational Qualifications (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience work with an accounting software package
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, etc. or its equivalent as a Master’s degree in a relevant qualification like accounting, Finance or an MBA but with bias of Finance or accounting
- Technical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including managing complex Excel and good skills in using financial software applications
- Fluency in English language and written communication.
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants, sub grants and contracts management processes.
- Solid knowledge of key donor regulations and compliance requirements
- Solid Analytical and problem solving, financial trouble shooting and audit experience
- Good understanding of fund accounting and financial analysis
- Capacity building, facilitation skills and proven ability to effectively transfer skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with diverse teams
How to apply
Interested candidates should click the Apply button below to send their applications no later than December 15, 2022.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We are an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, diversity and Inclusion. CARE’s focus as an organization is to empower women and girls as we strongly believe that they are most affected by poverty. In line with our values, we highly encourage women to apply for this position.
Applications should be submitted not later than December 15, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Note: This post is being re-advertised to widen the pool of candidates. All candidates who have already applied previously to Job need not re apply.
*Disclaimer: CARE International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment.