HOTEL DES MILLE COLLINES
We are hiring
Applicants are invited for the following vacant position within Hotel des Mille Collines in Finance Department:Accounts Payable
Scope of the Job-Accounts Payable
The overall scope of this role is to ensure the validity and accuracy of all invoices (receipt and process of all invoices in proper allocations and timely payment).
To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. To ensure the timely and accurate posting and payment of invoices.
The job of Accounts Payable is executed satisfactorily when:
- Invoices are paid within the established time limits.
- Payment runs are processed weekly.
- Invoices and accruals are posted in the corresponding month.
- All invoices are coded correctly and have the corresponding approval.
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Their duties include daily bookkeeping and record keeping, financial reporting and the preparation of tax records for financial audits.
- Responsible for following and understanding all HMC Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the HMC code of conduct.
- Responsible for receiving and verifying accuracy of invoices for goods and services.
- Responsible for reviewing coding of invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for ensuring all payments are made accurately, on time, and with the proper authorization and back-up.
- Responsible for posting invoices and preparing the weekly payment run.
- Responsible for ensuring that all early payment discounts are taken.
- Responsible for creating and updating vendor list.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of A/P Trade account and designated month end journal entries.
- Responsible for preparing the accrual for invoices received after closing and for goods and services not yet invoiced.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized filing system for open and paid invoices.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies in invoices or other potential problems.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance, Management specialized in Finance and Accounting
- Having Level II professional Qualification in CPA or ACCA is required; being full Qualified for ACCA or CPA will be an added value.
- Being Familiar with Computation and filing with RRA taxes such as VAT, PAYE, WHT, CIT etc.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to interpret and apply rules and regulations
- Having used the accounting software such as: SUN SYSTEM, MATERIAL CONTROLL will be an added Value.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads ,meet deadlines and targets ,
- Computer literacy in Excel (combined sheets) and Word.
- Excellent command of written and verbal Kinyarwanda, English or French, good analytical skills and ability to write reports with no mistakes.
- Having at least 3 years’ experience in the same Position and/or related area.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email address: E-mail: [email protected]
Not later than Friday 16th December 2022 at 04:00 pm, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.