Jan 23, 2023
Instructor in Highway technology
To contribute to teaching and learning at Diploma and advanced diploma short courses through: design, preparation and development of module teaching materials.
● Delivery of modules through lectures, seminars, tutorials, and other supervisory and coaching methods.
● Assessing courses by setting and marking assignments, and assessments/examination papers.
● Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative methods of teaching, learning, and assessment, including open and web-based learning, as part of the approach to education.
● Deliver and supervise students ‘examinations as per the set standards.
● Liaise closely with teaching, technical and administrative staff to ensure quality teaching.
● Give advice and guidance to students to support their academic progress through college.
● Proactively contribute to the development of the curriculum, module, and program reviewing.
● Supervise the internships, field studies.
● Undertake any appropriate continuous professional development training to enhance professional skills.
● Pursue opportunities for academic innovation projects.
● Perform any other relevant tasks as required from time to time by the college management
● Write grant proposals to procure external innovation projects funding.
Note: 1.Experience in teaching in higher learning institution is an added advantage.
2. Cumulative marks of 70% and above on academic transcript is a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Highway Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in High Way Technology0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge in TVET policies
- Knowledge of teaching methodology
- Decision making skills
- Networking skills
- Leadership skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Risk management skills
- Performance management skills
- Results oriented
- Analytical skills;Fluent in English and/or French; knowledge of all is an Advantage