Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!Job DescriptionUnderwriting and processing medical business within Company guidelines.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new, renewal business, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Prepare renewal terms for corporate business in time and ensure close and tactical follow up to renew the businesses of renewal letters and follow up.
- Prepare premium invoices and ensure timely premium collection as per the credit policy.
- Follow up on debt collection and reporting
- Ensure accurate benefits set up and membership maintenance in the system.
- Ensure timely scheme performance reporting as per SLA’s with clients and intermediaries and attend scheme performance review meetings as per set guidelines.
- Ensures that systems and procedures covering underwriting operations are adhered to and supervises the Underwriting Assistants to ensure quality and timely service
- Works closely with field marketing staff/agents, brokers to develop and maintain positive business partnerships
- Liaison with brokers/agents and direct clients to verify information, explain and interpret coverage.
- Preparation of member guides and underwriting summaries.
- Generate utilization reports, member statements, and loss ratio trends.
- Ensure compliance with standards of service/Customer service charter in all underwriting operations.
Enforces the no – credit policy and ensures that premiums are up to date for section accounts through timely collection of premiums.