Focus of the Role
The Tony Blair Institute in collaboration with the Rwanda Development Board is recruiting an Analyst to support projects related to Trade Promotion and Competitiveness. We are looking to hire an Analyst with experience and expertise in consulting and/or international trade. The Analyst will work with a Strategic Advisor who leads program implementation and engagements with the Government of Rwanda. The post holder will join a fast-growing team of TBI Rwanda and works closely with other colleagues implementing programs across different government institutions.The position is full-time, with a minimum duration of 2 years and based in Kigali, Rwanda and starts as soon as possible on the identification of a suitable candidate.Key ResponsibilitiesThe post holder will receive overall guidance from the Strategic Advisor.. The overall responsibility of this post-holder will include setting out workplans and implementation strategy; driving implementation with respective counterpart institutions and stakeholders; preparing periodic updates and reports; and developing and managing relationships with direct counterparts and key actors in the ecosystem.Core Responsibilities:
- Carrying out the required research and analysis and ensure timely and high quality deliverables
- Developing and maintain working relationships with key government counterparts
- Developing required written materials and presentations and presenting as required
- Performing quality control and validity and accuracy of data and all written materials and presentations by team members
- Formulating inputs required for designing strategies, policies, for decision making by senior government counterparts and others
- Ability to conduct independent research on economic topics, determine suitability, validity and accuracy of data provided by different sources.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter, is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations.
- Analytical mindset and ability to approach challenges creatively
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills with experience in collecting, organising, and disseminating information accurately
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively at all levels
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other available means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve institutional goals, soliciting input by valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Actively seeking opportunities to learn from others and executing action points based on consensus.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities.
- Delivers outputs within set timelines, resources, and quality standards
- Operates in compliance with Institutions regulations and rules, supports subordinates, provides oversight, and takes responsibility for delegated assignments
Person Specification We are searching for an outstanding Analyst to work closely with government institutions in Rwanda. The Analyst will benefit from being part of the TBI Rwanda team, a network of experienced professionals based at the centre of government and in key ministries and institutions supporting the government’s agenda for economic transformation.This is a role in a fast-paced government, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. Therefore, the successful candidate for the role should be able to display most of the following:
- A University degree in Economics, Development Economics, Engineering, Law or related fields
- Some progressive experience in management consulting, public policy analysis, international trade, private sector development or related area is required. Experience in project implementation and coordination of multiple stakeholders
- Strong reporting, organisational and verbal and written communications skills, ability to meet deadlines, flexibility, resourcefulness, patience, time management, facilitation skills, diligence and ready to work under pressure.
About The InstituteThe Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their peopleWe do this within two connected divisions:
Government Advisory Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Policy Futures Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.